Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So many things on my mind

I wasn't going to post anything today, because I just didn't know where to begin. That's how it is so many days, for so many of us. Or, at least I think it is. So many things on my mind. My dad. My niece's dog, Boxer, who got hit by some stupid driver who didn't actually realize real people and animals live on those two-lane roads in Texas. Two friends who sent me wonderful memories of my dad that weren't just "preacher" stuff stories. 'Bewitched' and how I always wished I were Samantha. Actually, I really liked Serena (sp?) best. She got away with everything, just like I did sometimes. Or perhaps just wished I had been able to do that. Meeting a biological sister at the end of this month. I don't know. World, where are we headed? God, where are headed? Who knows? So, I'll just end with this verse from 'The Sopranos' theme song: 'Woke up this morning, got yourself a gun. Mama always said you'd be the chosen one. ... born under the bad sign. got the blue moon in your eyes.'

No comments:

Post a Comment