Friday, November 16, 2012

Faith of love, understanding, and compromise ... let's get past the divisions

*note* I first posted this on facebook a few days ago, and I've gotten some very interesting comments, so I decided to post it in a bigger arena and see what transpires. Enjoy. Or maybe not. All commentary welcome.

Somehow many seem to have forgotten the one only commandment we were given, in any and all religions: Love. And one my father, Rev. John Dowd (who was a heck of a lot lot smarter than most people I have ever met, and very happy and blessed he raised me, rather than the blood who did not want me), ... Grace. Simple stuff really. And if you don't get it, that's your problem. I am tired of the divisional 
bullshit. Either choose to work together and bring our country together. Or get out of the way, so that those who do care can make it happen. Catch my drift? I surely pray you do.


As a side, I am sooooo reminded how lucky I was to have a father and a man like John Dowd teach me what it was all about. To not ignore those did not understand, but to know it is my charge to try and help them. But if they could not grasp the simple faith of love, understanding, and compromise, ..... well, then just leave them be. That is their problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment