Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wild woman dance workouts good for the soul

Geez whiz. What a gorgeous day it was here in Asheville today. It didn't quite hit 60, but it's supposed to reach that temperature tomorrow. After all the snow and freezing temps we've had lately, it made me downright giddy. I didn't actually get to enjoy it myself, except during my walk from the parking lot to my regularly scheduled weekend duties, otherwise known as work. But just because I didn't get to enjoy the sunshine myself doesn't mean I didn't fit some exercise in today. I like those heart healthy aerobics that also includes a workout for other muscles like abs, or biceps, triceps and even the calves. Sometimes I'll put together my own routine, also known as Tracy's RockAerobics.

That's usually best done when no one else is in the near vicinity. Tracy's RockAerobics is simply a wild woman dance workout to my some of my favorite tunes downloaded on my ipod. Dancing like I used to on those disco floors or those jerky moves I enjoyed during the alternative 80s of Talking Heads and R.E.M. Even Madonna is good when it comes to a dance workout. Whatever. It doesn't really matter. Music turned up as loud as I like and just letting it all go.

Just letting it all go ... something I probably need to do more often. Sooooo good for my soul. And beautiful days that tease of springtime certainly don't hurt either, even if only enjoyed for a brief three-minute walk. Hints of what's to come ... and more wild woman dances. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment