Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't you just love having one of those annoying off-kilter days? Not!

I know everyone has had these kind of days, so I'm not even going to ask the question. Just going to share my day that started off-kilter and has continued to stay that way.

Got up later than I wanted. That's not so unusual in itself because I'm a true night owl and don't feel or act right until it's at least mid morning. But I've got to make a change at work to get there on some days by what I consider to be an un-godly hour to be ready to do anything for real - 6 am. That means I've got to get up at 4:30 am and in bed by no later than 10 pm. I'm just not used to that. Normally, by 4:30, I've only been asleep for about 2 hours. So ... obviously I need to get up earlier on my days off and get to bed sooner. I tried, but it just didn't happen. Oh well. not the end of the world if I got up later. It is my day off. I can deal. Will just have to drink some sleepy tea tonight in preparation for tomorrow's early rising and going to work while the moon is still in the dark of the wee am hours and the men folk are still sound asleep.

What I'm not enjoying today is my computer somehow playing pranks on me and jumping all around like it's hopped up on some sort of ADHD medication and skipping from place to place in Word and page to page on the internet. Don't like that at all. I usually read my daily horoscope for fun and then forget it just as soon as it was read, but I am wondering if there's something going on with Mercury being in retrograde and messing with all electronics today. But, again, I can handle my computer going wanky as long as it's not a permanent adjustment and it doesn't appear that is the case.

However, my dryer on/off switch decided to quit working between loads and that has done in my very last nerve. Of course, I just had to wash and dry the bedding first, and then wash my wardrobe I want to wear this next week. The bedding is dry and folded. But no, the dryer switch wouldn't start and my clothes are now sitting wet and crinkled. I tried to make it work with a turning of the pliers, but with my blind eye and lack of patience with the broken switch, I figured I better stop and wait for one of the Hyorth's who have better vision than I to see if they can get it fixed. Or else, I could make it worse and it might require even further attention. I did hang up some of my clothes to air dry, so not all is lost.

And now, I must rapidly bring this to an end, because the electricity is flickering on and off and I will once more be rather peaved about an electrical something gone wrong. Maybe I could go work on setting up a clothes line once again in the back yard; but, alas, it's starting to rain.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment