Tuesday, September 4, 2012

West Nile Virus and a Judaism prayer? Works for me.

Well, seems like I've been quite the slacker in posting on here lately. Busy summer. Yep, that's it. A busy summer. Not that other times aren't just as busy, but yes, it's a good excuse.

So, a post of some sort seems obvious and I'll try to keep it short because I do believe I've got a 'touch' of the West Nile Virus that found its way into Buncombe County. And those damned skeeters do love me. I say it's because I'm so white and they'd have to be wearing blinders not to see and smell my shiny white self. Even with overloads of bug spray, they find me. And whatever I'm feeling, it's been a definite 'flu-like' affect. Fevers, chills, horrible headaches, and achy muscles. But no upset stomach or hacking, cough and spitting up the nastiest of stuff deep down from my lungs. So I don't see any sense in going to a doctor who is going to gladly take my hard earned money to tell me what I already know: Rest, drink plenty of fluids and I'll be just fine in a few days.

Besides, I'm not delusional, at least not any more than ususal, and I'm told I'm not contagious if I do have the West Nile. Just cantankerous and over being down for so long.

But I did find comfort in a devotional I came across today that I'd like to share with everyone. Hope it brings you come comfort and a moment to stop and think about the words. Hope it gets my butt back up and out into the world ... Peace!

'May we appreciate our family and friends and remember those who are alone. May we appreciate our health & remember those who are sick. May we appreciate the freedoms we have and remember those who suffer from injustice and tyranny. Peach on earth.' ~ Judaism prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment